Why Do Doctors And Ascetics Recommend To Perform Yoga In Daily?
Yoga practice has now reached to everyone. Every year 21 June is celebrated as Yoga Day. Yoga has a lot of positive impacts that are discussed in this article. To know more such benefits, comment below to let me know.
When people talk about health and fitness these days, the first preference they give is to yoga when they talk about the workout. Yoga has become very trending when it comes to fitness. In a survey, females prefer doing yoga over gym exercises. Respected PM Narendra Modi has promoted yoga and meditation to a great extent. Every year yoga day is celebrated on June 21. Yoga is originally derived from ‘Yuji’, a Sanskrit word which means union or yoke. Yoga is in our culture since ancient times and integrates meditation, breathing, posture, and relaxation. It has both mental and physical positive impacts on our body although few have not been backed by science.
Below mentioned are some benefits of yoga which are also backed by science:
- PALLIATES ANXIETY: Research has proved that yoga is a great practice to overcome feelings of anxiety. A lot of people having anxiety problems do yoga on a daily basis and obtain positive results. According to reports, several women possessing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) were subjected to do yoga for the next 10 weeks daily. 52% of women no longer met the criteria of PTSD at all after it.
- IMPROVES SLEEPING QUALITY: There are uncountable cases about people facing a lot of sleeping problems like lack of sleep, not sleeping at the time, sleeping for less time, etc. Poor sleep quality is always associated with depression, obesity, and high blood pressure, etc. However, a study conducted in 2005 has proved that people (age above 60 to 70) doing yoga on a daily basis felt sleepy faster, longer, and felt fresher in the morning than other people who were along with them but not practicing yoga. Although scientists have still not reached any conclusion about its functionality but yoga is shown to increase the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep and wakefulness. Yoga is significant in controlling depression, anxiety, stress, and chronic pain.
To read more such articles, click here
- HELPS FIGHTING DEPRESSION: Studies showed that yoga might be good practice for anti-depressing effect and help to decrease the symptoms of depression. The reason attributed to this can be that yoga is able to decrease levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that influences levels of serotonin, the neurotransmitter often associated with depression. Yoga can help in fighting against depression alone or along with some medical or other sorts of treatment.
- FIGHTS AGAINST HEART PROBLEMS: The heart is an extremely important body organ. It not only pumps blood throughout the body but also provides nutrients to the body. Thus, maintaining good hearth health is essential. Studies show people above age 40 who practiced yoga for five years had lower blood pressure and pulse rate than those who didn’t high blood pressure and pulse rate are the most common symptoms for heart attack. One can’t tell how much percent role yoga has over diet and other factors in controlling heart attack but it can totally decrease stress level, one of the symptoms of a heart attack.
Read about 'KOMO', a job searching app here.
- RELIEVE FROM MIGRAINE: In America 1 out of 7 are affected by migraine, a severe recurring headache. There are increasing shreds of evidence showing yoga could be a good therapy against migraine problems however people still use traditional methods like medication against it. 72 patients, in 2007, were divided into two groups, one performing yoga and second not, although they took medicines. Results show that yoga led to a reduction in headache frequency, intensity, and pain. It is suggested that yoga helps in stimulating the vagus nerve, which has been effective in relieving migraine problems.
No doubt that multiple studies have concluded the above and many more benefits of yoga over physical and mental health. Thus incorporating a daily practice of yoga enhances your health, flexibility and increases strength, reduces depression, etc.
Finding the time to practice yoga a few times per week may be enough to make a good difference to your health.